I absolutely LOVE to cook! I love cooking for my family and friends and visitors passing through. I love being in the kitchen and experimenting with food and flavors. I love exploring what I can do with seasonal products. I enjoy feeding and nourishing loved ones. It is a special opportunity and I appreciate the self-expression I get to explore.
Recently, my aunt had a dinner to attend and she asked my input on what to make. I thought about the seasons and what is abundant and came up with something quick and easy that I wanted to try. I knew it would be delicious, but it turned out even more remarkable than I anticipated.
With the main ingredients being abundant in the summer and the recipe being so easy, I’ve made it several times since for large groups.
This simple summer salad is a few simple steps with an outstanding flavor!
Smoked Paprika and Tomato Summer Salad
- Fresh garden tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Fresh goat chevre
- Smoked salt (could also use regular)
- Smoked paprika (this flavor is irreplaceable)
- Finely chopped garlic (one clove)
- Balsamic glaze (inexpensive, not the super expensive kind)
- Slice the tomatoes into circles
- Top each slice with fresh chevre
- Sprinkle with the smoked salt, smoked paprika and chopped garlic
- Cut basil into small bits and add to the top.
- Top with the glaze and serve immediately
This is a stunning dish for any summer gathering, whether you’re at a family cookout or taking a dish to a formal dinner.
What are your favorite summer tomato recipes???
Wherever you are in your personal journey toward clean living and local food, thank you for joining me in mine. I look forward to sharing it with you.
Bitcoin tips welcome 1AiDNjM8zT9Ku9EQKMqEhYrmvAU2RpdeuQ
Latest posts by Liz Reitzig, Founder & Peaceful Activist (see all)
- 10 Awesome Gift Ideas to Support Small Farmers - November 27, 2016
- Mothers’ Earth–Reflections in the Garden - June 29, 2016
- Government Harassment Threatens to Cripple Michael Schmidt - June 24, 2016